Carpet Cleaning Northfield, Illinois
Carpet Cleaning Northfield, IL: Residential services: Wiz Team, Inc., provides Northfield, Il with professional carpet cleaning services. We can address the problem areas that you don’t have time to, specializing in carpet, upholstery, hardwood floors, tile cleaning and sealing, walls, and bathrooms. Let us clean your carpets or power wash your kitchen floors to render your space pristine. It is important to ensure that your living quarters are as clean as possible. The Wiz Team can ensure that residents in Northfield, Il have clean carpets year round.
Industrial and commercial services: For heavy-duty industrial cleaning services, Northfield, Il, business owners turn to us. Our carpet cleaning and commercial cleaning services will render your space pristine. No job is too big or detailed for us, whether you need services for a retail store, restaurant, vacant or for-sale property, office, church or religious center.
Call us today for your Northfield, IL carpet cleaning services!
Mold Removal Northfield, IL
Mold Removal Northfield, IL: Mold has a long and colorful history. It is a living and very dynamic organism. Mold spores are everywhere; on clothing, items you buy in the store, in walls and buildings. It can exist in pores within materials not visible to the eye but once that material is exposed to a temperature of 41° – 104°, has moisture, oxygen and food, it will grow.
Historical References to Mold
- One of the first references to mold remediation occurs in the Bible in the book of Leviticus chapters 13 and 14 in which God not only reveals that he placed mildew in a home, but offers specific directions about how to remediate the mold using the blood of a dead bird.
- The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb was Aspergillus mold the most common genus of fungi with 160 species. In 1922 archaeologist Howard Carter and his team discovered King Tut’s Tomb. Shortly after attending the opening of the tomb in 1922, Lord Carnarvon, as British sponsor of the expedition, died. It was speculated that supernatural forces were at work. Within five years, 11 of the people who had entered the tomb with Carter were also dead.
- The Salem Witch Trials – It has been discovered that Claviceps purpurea a fungus that grows on rye wheat which was used to make bread can cause Ergotism, a disease which affects the pores and can cause hallucinations and convulsions. In testing artifacts from that time period and exhuming the bodies of those thought to be witches, the bacteria was found.
- The Irish Potato Famine was caused by Phytophthora infestans, a water mold that attacked the potato crop in Ireland between 1845 -1849 causing thousands to starve and others to flee the country.
Of course there are beneficial uses for mold. Molds help to breakdown organic matter. Some of my favorite cheeses are ripened using molds. Antibiotics, such as Penicillin are created from molds.
But perception is always in the eye of the beholder. If you think your neighbor is possessed or if you suffer from headaches, redness and skin irritation, sneezing, watery eyes or more seriously, vomiting, diarrhea, or constant fatigue, it could be from exposure to mold. While it seems mold can cause many symptoms one must remember that there are thousands of species of mold and different species can produce different reactions within different people.
I have come to view human beings as Portable Organic Detection Systems (PODS). We have genetically learned what things are bad for us. Things that smell bad we generally assume are bad for us. It is a learned response that is grounded in a perception as well. If you suspect you may have mold in your walls, get on your hands and knees and sniff at the wall outlets. If there is mold in the walls, in many cases you will smell it there.
Mold has been around for thousands of years and will probably be around for thousands more. Mold is nothing to be afraid of, but it is something we need to control for our health and well being as well as the health of our buildings.
Fire Damage Restoration Northfield, IL
Fire Damage Restoration Northfield, IL: The days and weeks following a fire can be stressful and overwhelming. It’s easy to lose focus and walk around in a confused daze, unsure of how to recover. The information below will help you and your family get your home and life back to normal.
- Create a Fire Escape Plan
- Before a house fire is even on the table, have an escape plan ready. Know the best escape routes and how to get everyone out safely. Draw a map and practice as often as you can, even if your family objects.
- Know What Possessions You Lost
- When you’re able, walk around the house and take note of items that are damaged beyond repair. You’re going to need this information at a later time. Many people create a list ahead of time so they don’t forget anything when a fire actually occurs.
- Find A Place to Stay
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to local organizations that make it a goal to help families like your own. The Salvation Army and American Red Cross are a few examples.
- Put Your Pet Somewhere Where They Can Feel Safe
- It might not be possible to take your cat or dog with you to your temporary shelter, so find a good place for them to recuperate. If they can’t stay with a friend or relative, a kennel might work.
- Stay Out Of the Residence
- Don’t go back into your home until the fire department gives you permission. Your home will be very unstable and possibly dangerous. Something could fall on you, and you don’t want that to happen.
- Contact Your Insurance Company
- Let your insurance company know about the fire so you can move forward.
- Replace Valuable Documents
- Birth certificates, passports, and other items will need to be replaced.
- Let Friends and Family Members Know What Happened
- Don’t leave your loved ones in the dark.
- Secure the Area
- The last thing you need is looting. Make sure troublemakers can’t get into your home or otherwise vandalize it.
- Start Cleaning Up
- The cleaning process needs to start quickly. If you wait too long, the structure of your home will weaken, and you will have more problems on your hands.