Oriental & Area Rug Cleaning
Providing the most outstanding service experience ever!
We Are Certified Master Rug Cleaners
Hand-Made Rug Cleaning
Wiz Team, Inc. has been caring for many rugs, ranging from the most basic machine-made to fine, hand-made Orientals such as Persian, Indian, Chinese, Afghan, and so many more from various parts of the world. If you want to ensure the proper care of your rugs, then call us, only a certified specialist should care for them. An Oriental rug can be a lifetime purchase and should last generation after generation if cared for properly. While an area rug is a great addition to any room, they receive a fair amount of traffic and can quickly become dirty. Even though your area rug looks clean, normal settling of dust is abrasive and will shorten the life of your rug.
Not All Rugs Are The Same
Proper Care Techniques
We recommend area rug cleaning annually. It is also important to rotate it once a year so your Oriental rug gets an equal amount of traffic, exposure to light and wear evenly. Not all rugs are the same. They have different weaves and different dyes, which dictate how they are cleaned. We are able to adapt our cleaning process to ensure that each specific rug is brought back to its original beauty and its value is protected. Not all rug cleaners have the experience or knowledge of rugs to be able to do this.
Safe Care Cleaning Steps
Once you have given us written authorization and approved the quote, our cleaning specialists will pick up your rug and bring it to our facility where it will receive our very thorough “Safe Care” rug cleaning steps to get maximum soil and spot removal. Your rug will be delivered back to your home (pickup and delivery charges apply), or in some cases we can clean the rugs on site. Having your rug cleaned in our plant allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available on location. You can also bring your rug to our facility and save the pickup and delivery charges.
Pet Odor? No More!
We can deodorize most rugs to minimize odor from pets and other sources. If you’re interested in finding out more about our oriental rugs, area rugs or fine fabrics cleaning services, give us a call! When you call, please try to have the following information available:
– The exact size of the rug.
– Whether or not it will be rolled for pick-up.
– Any big items to be moved such as pianos or other heavy items.
– Origin of the rug and purchase price.
– The color and patterns of the rug.
– Time-frame for cleaning (when you expect to have your rug delivered).
Certified Master Rug Cleaners
Our master rug specialists treat each rug with special attention and the cleaning process is customized for each particular type of fiber, whether natural or synthetic. At Wiz Team, Inc. we put a lot of time and care into cleaning each Oriental rug, Area rug or any other Fine Fabric item entrusted to us. Experience the quality of Wiz Team, Inc. rug cleaning services and you’ll see that the difference between us and all of our competitors is obvious! We offer Area Rug Cleaning in Libertyville, Arlington Heights, IL and throughout the Chicago area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Oriental rugs are hand-made beautiful pieces of artwork, and it’s important to have them cleaned by a certified professional rug cleaning service (especially one that specializes in Oriental rug cleaning). We highly advise not to have your valuable rugs cleaned in home using hot water extraction. This cleaning method is perfect for wall-to wall carpets; however, it may permanently damage sensitive fibers in hand made rugs.
Since Oriental rugs are work of art and true Oriental rug are made by hand, requiring months if not years to be completed by skilled master weavers, using finest natural fibers (e.g. wool, cotton, silk), thus we believe that same set of skills is necessary for proper cleaning and maintenance of Oriental rugs.
Wiz Team, Inc. is ONLY Company in Chicagoland who has Certified Master Rug Cleaners on staff. Hand-made rugs deserve only hand-cleaning with finest cleaning products and techniques learned from Persian and Armenians who have been doing it for centuries. These techniques have been kept secret and are passed on only to those who are passionate and dedicated enough. Our cleaning methods are safe and efficient to remove dirt and allergens from deep within the fibers of your rug replicating ancient ways of rug cleaning while utilizing modern advancements.
To keep your area rugs looking new, regular maintenance and deep cleaning is required. In order to clean an area rug properly, we start with determination of what type of rug you have. Handmade, machine-made and tufted rugs are the three most common types of area rugs and each has its own identifying qualities.
- Hand-made rugs are usually one-of-a-kind and can be very valuable; typically made of all natural fibers (wool, cotton, silk). We start with inspection of rugs foundation, fiber content, condition of fringes, color changes (fading), and a thoroughly inspection with UV light. Removal of dry debris and soil (dusting) process is performed. Your rug is placed in clean pool of water with natural fiber cleaning solution, where it gets lightly agitated and “massaged”, mimicking the flow of a river, to help suspend soil from deep within foundation and yarns. Once completely cleaned and rinsed; fringe cleaning is performed as well as any additional necessary spot treatment. Rugs are placed in specially designated drying chamber (either hung or flat) to dry. Final inspection and any necessary touch-up are performed before rug is packed for delivery.
- Machine-made Rugs are faster to be made than true oriental rugs; these rugs can still be very valuable and require special maintenance and care. While similar in appearance to oriental rugs, we can identify a machine-made area rug in several ways. They can be made from natural fibers, as well as, synthetic fibers.
In order to professional clean a machine woven area rug, we start with inspection of rugs foundation, fiber content, condition of fringes, color changes (fading), and a thoroughly inspection with UV light. Removal of dry debris and soil (dusting) process is performed. Your rug is placed in clean pool of water with appropriate fiber cleaning solution, where it gets lightly agitated and “massaged”, mimicking the flow of a river, to help suspend soil from deep within foundation and yarns. Once completely cleaned and rinsed; fringe cleaning is performed as well as any additional necessary spot treatment. Rugs are placed in specially designated drying chamber (either hung or flat) to dry. Final inspection and any necessary touch-up are performed before rug is packed for delivery.
- Tufted area Rugs are fairly easy to identify since most rugs of this type are styled without fringes. If fringe are present, most likely they will be attached to the back. These rugs also have a cotton or linen canvas glued to the back of the rug. We start with inspection of rugs, fiber content, condition of rug, color changes (fading), and a thoroughly inspection with UV light. Removal of dry debris and soil (dusting) process is performed. Based on condition of your rugs backing and fiber, we will determinate best method for cleaning (surface cleaning with extraction, solvent base cleaning solution, dry compound). We do not recommend full submerging of this type if rugs due to the structure of the backing and high possibility for delimitation of cotton or linen canvas on the back.
Once appropriate cleaning is completed; if fringes are present, fringe cleaning is performed as well as any additional necessary spot treatment. Rugs are placed on specially designated drying table (flat drying process) to dry, avoiding formation of creases in rugs backing. Final inspection and any necessary touch-up are performed before rug is packed for delivery.
As you can see best way to clean Oriental and Area Rugs is Professional Cleaning only.
There is an ongoing belief that rug cleaning should be performed in the winter. The fact is, cleaning it during any season is good. At Wiz Team, Inc. we have dedicated rugs studio, with proper equipment, space, and two dedicated Certified Master Rug Cleaners with necessary expertise to help you with any of your rug cleaning needs any time of year. We highly recommend cleaning your rugs before they become visibly or heavily soiled. This would prolong their life expectancy; prevent premature fiber deterioration, making it more cost effective and keeping your rug looking its best and lasting for generations.
Wiz Team cleans your rugs in a temperature and humidity controlled environment, so the best time to clean your rugs is: When you decide to have them cleaned!
When times are right for you to get your rug cleaned, we will provide an exact quote for you according to your specific rug, and we will conveniently come pick them up (or you can drop them off). Whether it is once a year, twice a year, or every couple of years, it’s important to have your rugs professionally cleaned.
Oriental and Area rug cleaning cost varies depending on the size and type of the rug. We insist on providing each client (commercial and residential) with FREE On-Site Consultation. During our free consultation you will get to meet us, our technician will listen to your wants and needs, inspect your Rugs, answer any questions you may have, explain how your rug(s) will be cleaned and provide you with a written exact quote. This way you will know exactly what to expect and how much your Oriental and Area Rugs cleaning will cost. For convince to our clients we also have a drop-off service Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You can bring your rugs to our rugs studio and we will provide you with the same service.
Yes, you need a pad under your area rug! No matter what type of floor covering your area rug will be laid over; a rug pad is essential for several reasons.
- Prevent Slipping - a rug pad helps to keep the area rug lying flat and in one place.
- Prolong Wear - like the cushion under a wall-to-wall carpet, a good rug pad helps to protect the area rug from wear and tear by absorbing the majority of the impact from foot traffic. The pad is designed to compress and bounce back (even a firm pad will do this slightly) which takes the strain off of the rug fibers. Without a pad underneath to act as a shock absorber, the area rug fibers will be crushed, and the rug will show signs of wear much sooner than it would with a proper pad.
- Protect the Floor Underneath - regardless of the type of floor covering underneath your area rug, it needs to be protected. Area rug backings can sometimes be rough, which could cause scratches on hardwood or another type of hard surface floor. Other things that could pose a risk to the underlying floor include color transfer from the rug, the possibility of a small stone or other sharp object being caught underneath the rug, and abrasive wear on the surface of the underlying floor caused by the area rug shifting with foot traffic. A rug pad provides a protective barrier between the area rug and the floor underneath.
In addition to the points listed above, there are other, non-essential reasons for using a rug pad beneath an area rug. These could include comfort, noise reduction, and insulation from a cold subfloor. Thus, the benefits of rug pads are numerous. Ensure you get the most out of your area rug by using an appropriate pad underneath it. Wiz Team, Inc. has in stock finest and most durable rug pads, which we custom cut to specific size of your rug. Ask our technician to show you samples.
We are a full service carpet cleaning company